A blog award is circulating around my fellow blogger called The Liebster Award. It is given to a blogger in recognition of quality work. I have been fortunate enough to receive it from two people - Vern over at Vern’s Videovangaurd and Chris at Movies And Songs 365. Thank you so much, guys, for thinking of me! I really appreciate it.
In acceptance of this award, there are a couple of things you much do:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person who has given the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
So here goes…
11 (RANDOM) THINGS ABOUT ME
1. The craziest thing I’ve ever done is fly across the country to L.A. just for a Corinne Bailey Rae concert; I went without luggage and was in town for less than 10 hours (BONUS: It just so happen to be the same day as the Due Date premiere so I saw RDJ and Zach G. among others walk the red carpet)
2. I hate peanut butter because I ate so much of it as a kid
3. I had never been out of the US until I was 27 (summer ‘09) but now I’ve been to 10 countries
4. I grew up in a neighborhood where I was the only girl; I was a straight up tomboy for the longest
5. I had a perfect 4.0 GPA in both high school and college
6. Up until earlier this year, I always thought I was anemic
7. I love raisins but refuse to eat things with them in them (i.e. cookies)
8. I have aspirations to write a novel that would ultimately be a screenplay
9. I have a subscription to GQ magazine
10. I think President Obama is very attractive
11. I always wished I had an older brother
11 QUESTIONS (From Vern)
1. What would your dream movie theater have, besides just what is being played? An ice cream sundae bar (hmm…)
2. Name one movie that actually would be good to remake? This is hard because I don’t really believe anything should be remade… Uhh, I’ll say 1984. It’s one of my favorite pieces of classic literature. If done well, I would like to see a new independent version of it.
3. What irritates you the most when blogging? Editing myself (as you can probably tell). I’m horrible at it. If I had money like that I would hire an editor.
4. What do like the best when blogging? Sharing my thoughts and creating discussion with others
5. Do you play drinking games to movies? If so, what do you drink? Nah, I’ve never done that. I’m not a big drinker
6. What is the best way to help save us when dolphins try to take over the world? Lol, learn to swim and very fast
7. What movie do you flat-out refuse to watch, no matter how good people say it is? The Godfather
8. Name at least 3 movies that you still watch on other formats besides DVD and Blue-Ray. Can’t really answer this as I don’t watch movies in other formats (i.e. online, streaming, etc)
9. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? Nope, I’m usually asleep as I am getting old.
10. What is a good movie that you have a hard time convincing people to watch? Anything independent most of the time. To pick one, I’ll say the weirdly awesome movie The Nines which is one of Ryan Reynolds best movies in my opinion.
11. What toppings do you like on pizza? Anything meaty, cheesy, and without vegatables
11 QUESTIONS (From Chris)
1. When and how did you become interested in movies? Back around 2005 i was going through I tough time in which I kinda shut myself off from the world. Watching movies filled my time, and I discovered that I loved them.
2. Who is your favorite director, and why? It would probably be Christopher Nolan since he gave me my favorite film ever - Memento
3. What is your favorite movie discovered in 2012 (old or new), and why? I would have to say The Artist. You can read why here.
4. If you had to recommend any movie you think everyone should watch, what would it be, and why? The sad and beautiful Steve McQueen film Shame. Ready why here.
5. Have you been to a film festival, and how was the experience? Yep! I’ve been to Sundance twice and Tribeca three time. I loved it. I think I’ve caught the bug. I hope to attend many more in the future.
6. Which soundtrack or score do you keep going back to? The soundtrack to (500) Days of Summer, which i think is one of the best contemporary movie soundtracks.
7. What films do you find yourself daydreaming about every so often? Don’t think I daydream about film, but I would say Bright Star since I have come to love John Keats and the beauty of his poetry
8. Who do you talk movies with in real life, outside of blogosphere? Probably my friend Sherry so loves movies too.
9. Favorite film poster? I don’t really have a favorite but the one for Hard Candy is pretty great.
10. What movie is the record holder that you have seen the most times, and why? I’ve probably watched RENT 75 times, no lie. I love the musicals that that one is probably my favorite.
11. Which movie websites (not blogs) do you visit? It’s all about Indiewire. They have great coverage of independent films.
QUESTIONS TO PASS ON
1. If you could change the ending to any movie, what movie and what would you make different?
2. Have you ever thought about writing a screenplay?
3. What is one artistic choice in a film that still stands out for you?
4. Who is your favorite actor that is also a musician?
5. What is your favorite independent film?
6. What actor do you think is the most underrated?
7. Have you ever bought something or done something because you saw it in a movie? If so, what was it?
8. Has blogging ever got you in trouble?
9. Has a movie ever scared you so much that you were frightened for days? If so, which movie?
10. Do you prefer to watch foreign films with subtitles or dubbed?
11. What is your favorite book to film adaptation?
Forgive me guys if you have already received it, but you guys are awesome!